SME Export Marketing Fund (EMF)
(Good News!) From 20th Jan, 2020, the accumulative subsidy from the SME EMF for each eligible enterprise doubled to $800,000. And each application can grant $100,000 at most. (Hong Kong Dollar, same for below)
- Unlimited number of application. Each application shall grant 50% of the project cost, at most $100,000
- Maximum grant for each eligible enterprise is $800,000
- EMF covers website, online shop, SEM, exhibition etc. It can also be used to build promotional mobile apps
The Small and Medium Enterprise Export Marketing Fund, SMEEMF or EMF, is to help SMEs to explore overseas market and promote products to other regions. The grant subsidizes partial cost of website development, online shop, online marketing and exhibition, etc.
Businesses which are registered in Hong Kong under the Business Registration Ordinance (Chapter 310) and fulfill Government’s definition of the SMEs. In usual, SME refers to manufacturer of not more than 100 persons or service provider of not more than 50 persons.
- Well-filled application form
- Copy of valid business registration certificate
- Form1a or Form1c for unlimited company or NAR1 for limited company
- Copy of identity document of representative
- Original and copy of the receipt, copies of relevant quotation, invoice and contract
- Other document for specific cases
The maximum amount of grant for each successful application will be 50% of the total approved expenditures incurred by the applicant enterprise or $100,000, whichever is the less.
The total cumulative amount of grant must not exceed $800,000.
Export activity includes:
- Corporate website
- Overseas exhibition
- Local exhibition targetted on overseas market
- Qualified online marketing
- Promotional mobile apps
Up to 17th Jan 2020, the cumulative number of applications received under the SME Export Marketing Fund since 2001:
- Received: 282,311
- Approved: 235,461
- Rejected: 40,196
- Withdrawn: 2,188
- Total amount of grants: $3,750,089,000
To know more about SME EMF, please contact Autus Consultancy
Other Government Funds
Autus is a team of professionals with rich experience in government fund application. We help SMEs to apply for Technology Voucher Programme (TVP) and Branding, Upgrading and Domestic Sales Fund (BUD Fund). Up to mid-2019, Autus already assisted more than 200 Hong Kong enterprises to apply for Hong Kong Goverment funding. Our services are:
Contact Autus (Call: +852 2129 0104).